Lorient Inter-Celtic Festival 2019
The Lorient Inter-Celtic Festival includes:
10 days of shows and a range of events in early August.
- 4500 musicians, singers, dancers, performers, academics and film makers from Scotland, Ireland, Wales, Cornwall, the Isle of Man, Galicia, Asturias, Brittany, the USA, Canada, Australia and more.
- A huge parade attracting more than 60,000 spectators on the first Sunday.
- Around 80,000 paying spectators.
- 750,000 visitors and spectators.
- 1100 hotel guests, 20 hotels, 7 partner schools, 800 rented boarding school beds, 34,000 meals served at the Dupuy de Lôme high school, 40 ferry crossings, 40 local shuttle buses, and more.
- More than 1600 volunteers.
- 120 stage performances, 60 % of which are free
- Honouring the Celtic nation every year through a range of activities: a Breton weekend (the bagad pipe band championship, a big televised parade, traditional marching bands, and traditional dance).
- Free Fest Noz celebrations, music workshops, conferences, daily concerts on stage and in the city’s bars, free Celtic instrument masterclasses, daily parades, bagpipe, gaita, accordion, Celtic harp, drum and pipe band competitions, a garden of arts and instrument makers, a space for talking and coming together…
- Sport: yacht races (Celtic Cup), golf (Golf Celtic Trophy), Gouren wrestling, traditional Breton athletics, and more.
- The art and costume exhibitions, book fair and craft market are all in keeping with the theme of the festival
In 2019 we will be honouring GALICIA!
From the whole team at the VICTOR HUGO hotel, we wish you a great 2019 FESTIVAL!